Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Good ol' friends

Just my luck, I post something about friendship and the worms start crawling out from the woodwork! Honestly, what's up with the losers who suddenly think they can call you up 2 years later and expect everything to be fine and dandy?!

I'm not talking about good friends who've lost touch. Those I welcome with open arms, cause deep down inside, no matter how much you change, you're still gonna be that gawky teenager, akward youth, mental person they once knew and loved. And I have plenty of those - friends you suddenly remember or suddenly remember you and you call 'em up and go right back to talking about kaoy teow ganja or whatever else it was you last spoke about say erm... 2-3 years ago.

No, I'm talking about those friends you've had unresolved issues with. Yeah, those. We all have them in our lives and once they're in your past you hope they stay exactly there. Except that they don't. Sometimes is circumstances, which is fine, but sometimes these losers actually take the time to get in touch with people who don't want anything to do with them anymore. Seriously, I can't believe there are 'damaged' people who suddenly decide, "Hey I feel like bugging someone today, lets see who I can call from my past and irritate today!"

Examples in point. A and I got along rather well until he showed himself to be a blundering MCP. So we stayed away from each other. Fast forward a couple of years and we acknowledge each other with a sort of cold politeness the couple of times we were forced to be in each other's company. This, boys and girls, is how a normal person behaves.

B and I, on the other hand, have bad blood between ourselves. We were acquaintances till he decided that he loved one of my friends but he didn't approve of her friends lifestyles. Of course he left her soon after and yes she was an idiot as well but he quite literally destroyed a solid friendship which despite reconciliation, bears the scars of that unpleasant time. And then the bugger has the audacity to call me 2 years later to find out - not about how I'm doing, but about some service issues with my previous company for a friend of his. Plus he got my number from another bitch we both know. I wanted to murder. I wanted to administer poison that would melt his insides, slowly. But instead I actually answered the ass. But I stopped short of venturing any help which I'm definitely in a position to provide. Does that make me more angelic or devilish? I wished I had told him to bugger off, to ask him how the hell did his skin become so thick and what the devil made him think that I would want to hear from him again?!!! But i didn't.

Sometimes I miss being the bitch I know I can be...

No comments: