Wednesday, January 10, 2007

2007


I tried, I really did... Actually I didn't, I guess I just needed to disconnect and wallow in myself for a bit. And now its been more than one month since my last post...

The break did me a load of good, I desperately needed me time, although I spent most of it doing chores and prepping for Christmas, it was good to have my mind 'free'. I think Mummy and Daddy enjoyed the company and having a willing driver around too.

I've moved on career-wise and trying to make headway in certain goals I've set. I guess you could call them resolutions for 2007, but these have been in my brain for eons. Just that I think this is the year I'm gonna (try) achieve them, some of them at least. Its good to have buddies to partner you in a plan, for me it makes it seem that I'll more likely succeed with D, than if I did it on my own. Made me actually take action as well, instead of saying, "I wanna do that" and then doing nothing about it.

Its only been 10 days into the new year and I'm already busy, the calendar is filling up with appointments, weddings (more!), WORK and other commitments. I haven't even found the time to meet up with some precious people who have been more than patient with me. But in retrospect, a colleague just mentioned my new CEO's travel itenary for this month and I wouldn't want to be in his shoes!

I have a headache and my throat is swollen and painful, thats why this post may seem a bit despondent. Its not the way I'm feeling generally, although some areas in my life could do with improvement. I think it has to do with getting wet in a drizzle, the rainy season always does this to me.