Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Rant...

I was driving while on the mobile recently, not a good thing I know but I needed urgent directions. With my kind of luck, I was naturally stopped by a cop to whom I first mumbled an apology and something else I can't remember and immediately burst into tears... In my defence, I had had a trying time and was under immense pressure at the time of my driving around in circles. The poor copper was stunned and as he took my licence he asked me if I wanted to tell him about my 'masalah'... I couldn’t talk so I just shook my head, ready for the 300-dollar fine which I really can't afford...

The bless him, he handed me back my licence and said those magic words, "Tak apa, saya maafkan awak". I wa
s stunned but had enough sense to drive away before he changed his mind, still crying because that little bit of kindness meant so much to me at that time. I've heard so many times about coppers, who ask for 'duit kopi' or a bribe, or have let girls of the hook because of a sweet smile or even in exchange of a phone number, but never because they burst into tears. Cos’ let’s face it, I broke the rules and deserved the fine but I guess somebody up there loves me. :-p

Ok so that’s not my rant… This is…. Why are some men such pigs?

That’s it, that’s all the thought he deserves from me. No need to expend more energy than necessary on an ass, who doesn’t deserve it.

Damn, I can’t leave it at that lah. Ok here goes… Sometimes, people create such a hard shell of the person they want others to believe they are, that it works so well for such a long time, and even they begin to believe it themselves. But you can never really hide your broken, inner self from someone close for too long and the truth eventually comes out from hiding.

Cheating on someone isn’t as poisonous to the person you’re cheating on as it is to you. I know there are people who disagree but I believe, cheaters, habitual cheaters especially, are really sad people inside. I’m not making excuses, I’m just saying that you don’t have to wonder why they cheat, it’s obvious – they’re fucked up on the inside. I think cheaters are people trying to make up for some emotional or mental deficit. What's worse is when they're dumb enough to get caught.

All the drama about who you are and what you do comes to naught when your real inside is revealed. And for someone whose self image means everything, getting caught must be a real bitch huh?