Gamarjobat rocks!
I saw the posters and read the reviews but didn't feel the love. Until last night when Chiquitita proved me wrong. Yes, even Prophetesses have their off days and I fell in love. Gamarjobat rocks, and if you haven't watched them, please do. It's worth good money to see them tease the audience, make fun of each other, do stupid magic tricks and then wow you with their amazingly funny, beautiful and poignant sketch - The Boxer. If I'm gushing its only because they're that good.
Here's the review from TAS:
Two unlikely-looking Japanese mime artists with shaven heads, red and gold Mohawks, Doc Martens and stove-pipe suits, thrilled Malaysian audiences earlier this year. GAMARJOBAT proved that language was no barrier to enjoying their unique form of comedy, which has won them Best Comedy Duo in 2004 and the Tap Water Award in 2005 at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
Here's the review from TAS:
Two unlikely-looking Japanese mime artists with shaven heads, red and gold Mohawks, Doc Martens and stove-pipe suits, thrilled Malaysian audiences earlier this year. GAMARJOBAT proved that language was no barrier to enjoying their unique form of comedy, which has won them Best Comedy Duo in 2004 and the Tap Water Award in 2005 at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
They can be a tad naughty so I wouldn't recommend it for kids although there were a few in the audience. And no, I'm not planning on marrying any of them in case you're wondering why I'm in a 'sell' mode... But if you're really that cheap (:-p) or better still, too far away to catch them live, then watch this. Enjoy!



1 comment:
I just watched it on Saturday.....EXCELLENT!EXCELLENT!EXCELLENT!
Post a Comment