All about grizzly


Last night, as I was hovering between the lands of sleep and wakefulness, I think I must have slipped deep into the recesses of my mind.
Canggih or not? I've always wanted to say something like that, makes me feel clever.
Ok but seriously I did feel like I was going deeper and deeper and all of a sudden an image popped up in my head. It was a picture of a bear. A grizzly bear. Seriously. It was almost like I happened to have stopped at that very place in a library or collection of memories and it just popped out.
And with that I was jolted awake, remembering the last time I had seen that image. It was from a book, one I read and reread and one I last saw at least 10 years ago. I think it must have been a gift, I used to receive lots of books as presents. And this one was about grizzly bears, I remember reading about a family, a mama bear with two young cubs and how they grew up, catching salmon etc etc.
And after such a long time, the memory of that book came rushing back, I can see the blue hardcover and the pictures of the grizzly. My emotions even about the story. Strange, so strange. I'm still puzzled by why I chose to remember this last night, I certainly didn't watch or see anything yesterday, remotely resembling a bear to have triggered it. I'm weirded out again.
So I googled and wikied and discovered that a group of bears is called a sleuth of bears... Although if I wanted to do any sleuthing I'd rather trust a snake and not a grizzly to do that!
The grizzly is sometimes called the silvertip because the hairs of its coat have silver-grey tips. The scientific name for the grizzly is Ursus arctos horribilis - I don't know if being called horrible is a good or bad thing, I mean I like Hagar the Horrible and it sorta gives you the gangsta rep among bears you know? Fat lot of good that did poor Grizzly 'cos he's on the endangered list anyhoo.
As for dreaming about bears, "The bear is symbolic of introspection and self-reflection. In mythology, it also refers to the great mother figure." Right!


8 comments:
yea babe..tell me about its scientific name.
Ursus arctos horribilis...its sounds like having a horrible usus...hahhaa.
good that you had that dream.
now we know more about grizzlys.
mother figure? i think it refers to your Dear Thelma tendencies.
;)
Heheheh... you just might be right babe... Am still having to deal with people who only call when they need a shoulder to cry on... Oh well... Anyway sometime ago I blogged about a dream I had with you in it -
http://mostofthetimeimme.blogspot.com/2006/05/weirded.html
haha, i read that one and thought that must be ME!
hmm, i should start digging out my dream diaries la.
last time i used to write down everything i remember having dreamt over the night upon waking up each morning.
it helped me to analyse my dreams and connect them with reality..
we should start doing that.
bears are a symbol of strength.
the fact that you dreamt of one, could mean that something powerful is going to happen in your life.
sometimes, we bears can also be used as a support. all the be*ar*st to you..
Really? Wow... Thanks Vickna!
Perhaps u should get a tattoo of a bear :p
No. No. No. I still want my heart-vines... If I got a tattoo for all of my dreams, it will be quite a collection for sure...
Post a Comment