Monday, May 28, 2007

Seinfeldisms


The boyfriend enjoys Seinfeld. To put it mildly. So did I a million years ago when it was funny. The repeats on Channel 70 are only good when for I'm on the treadmill and there is nothing else on. Not for the boyfriend though. Seinfeld to him, is a cult. It doesn't help that he has equally crazy friends who are members of the cult. The cult on whose altar I am the sacrificial lamb. You see, in the car or on an unsuspecting phone call, I am bombarded with seinfeldisms... Some are even made up to sound like Seinfeldisms... Like this gem, which I was subjected to on a long road trip yesterday:

"Why is a building called a building? Its already been built! There is no more building going on! Are they trying to leave it open for improvements maybe? We'll call this one a building cos I might just wanna build on it a little more. " (said in Seinfeldic way)

Thank goodness he didn't go on... you know... asking other questions... Like why does 'cargo' go by ship and a 'shipment' go by land? Or why apartments are called that when they are so close together? :-p You don't think its rubbing off on me do you?


Normal people, here's where you can find some classic Seinfeld moments. Seinfeldists, here's the bible to your faith.

5 comments:

Sunil said...

Much anti-seinfeldists i sense in you.

Pixelated Mo said...

i was never a seinfeld fan... friends and fraser and of cos Cheers were my favourite

lived-legna said...

Well, Yoda... You be stuck with a Seinfeldist for a 3-hour drive and tell me what happens ok! :-p

Mo... Cheers! I love Ted Danson, pity he didn't age as well as Sean Connery, my Scottish beau... And Fraser is still as funny as ever, unusual for a series that old... I have to admit though, I never actually caught the Friends bug, but I did love Chandler...

Ninja said...

I love(d) Seinfeld! Especially Kramer la...his entrances were classic!

lived-legna said...

Ah yes Kramer... Great physical humour and great comedic timing too. The BF loves him too but luckily hasn't tried to take him on. Yet. Keeping my fingers crossed.