Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Back on the road again…

Yes I’m back and no the blog is not dead… although Neopets won for a bit in the beginning – until today. I have been really naughty so this entry is going to be a nice, long one and I don’t care if it bores you cos its my blog damn it, and I will be long winded if I want to…

After six months of monotony in AHC, I’m back on the road again. While I complain sometimes, it’s really good to be traveling again… I can’t help it, Thursday’s child has far to go, or so says the poem… :-p

By the end of this month, I would have ‘done’ all 13 states and unless you want to be picky about details, that’s really the whole of Malaysia! By being picky I mean the Wilayah Persekutuan’s, which really leaves me Labuan to conquer. ‘Doing’ Malaysia in 4 years have been fun, I’ve been in the boondocks, roughing it up in cheap motels (O Kuala Pilah) to living it up in 5 star hotels on beachfronts.

But its been a real rush and I hardly ever have time to really enjoy the places I’ve been too, doing them like how some tourists do, a snapshot with a prominent landmark in the background and going home saying ‘Oh, I’ve been to such n such a place.’ Guess I shouldn’t complain too much though, for it wasn’t for my work I would have never ever been to these places anyway, so thank God for the little blessings J

And speaking of traveling, I thought I’d have to forego my promise of 1 overseas holiday (no, Penang and Sabah & Sarawak do NOT count!) a year this year due to issues of the moolah kind. But lo and behold the office is “planning” on a company holiday to Bali! Dunno how that will be, traveling with the bossies and all the diff characters in the office, but if Penang is a yardstick, I reckon it will be a bit of fun… And at least I’ll be able to scratch off one more place from my list! (This leaves Rome, Italy, Paris, Scotland, Australia, India, Nepal, Egypt and more…)

Penang was loads of fun with charades and getting drunk and I feel I’m getting closer than ever to my colleagues, but I won’t make the same mistake I did the last time around. They’re NOT family and so it shall stay, but they are a fun bunch and very FUNNY too. Mambo will never be the same ;-) (winks at my only reader)…

Watched F1 over the weekend, the boyfriend won grandstand tickets so I happily nodded off while cars were zipping by… The most exciting bit was smuggling in the Fun in Buns and Rosberg backfiring right in front of us… It was deafening but now I get the reason behind the thrills and spills of F1. Monty baby finished ahead of the Ferrari losers so I was happy and since the Losers climbed up from the teens to 5th and 6th placing, BF was happy so all was well in the world…

I missed my baby M’s naming ceremony and I now must make up big time to RN… NN came home from Bali so sick we haven’t celebrated her birthday yet but dinner with her and mambo boy was fun… Think my sis had fun too and I hope it helped her…

And in other news, I’m a psychic… I’m a prophetess… I’m a goddess, even if only a trainee goddess… You see, everyone, and I mean everyone, said M would have a boy… Being the lone voice in the wilderness, I eventually lost faith and strayed… :-P... But the truth shall set you free, and my belief in my own prowess was restore when the prophecy was fulfilled with Jada, who is her mother’s splitting image… And lets not forget the incident with Akash...

I think that’s about it for now… back to my Neopets!

No comments: