My dream

I just realised that all my life, I’ve never been able to draw pretty hearts. You know the bubble kind, I’d get one or two reasonably right but the rest just end up looking like cacat balloons or something!
Actually, I’ve noticed that most of my entries are irreverent, with quotes and definitions of the net and I’ve decided to write today, since that was one my aims with this blog – practice my writing. And despite spell check and my cursory once over, most of my blog entries have errors but I resist the compulsion to go back and correct them – a reminder that even Goddesses have off days :-p
Ok, back to my serious and thoughtful entry, yeah, right! Now, I’m someone who hardly dreams so when I start dreaming on consecutive nights and really weird dreams at that, I get worried. Like what are my dreams trying to tell me, what secrets am I hiding, what’s actually going on in the inner workings of my brain? Maybe it’s a message from aliens, I don’t know, but I know I better stop having those weird dreams. I acknowledge that I have an ultra hyper sense of imagination when it comes to nonsense, ever since I saw the gnome in my garden but I can’t imagine what this will mean when or if I eventually become senile… I’ll be worse than Grandma and her ‘conversations’ with the Pope or Liz Taylor... :-)
Last night I dreamt of a swarm of man-eating locusts, well actually they were more like large mosquitoes. Anyway, I was on holiday in some small town that looked suspiciously like Taiping with the gang and our respective boyfriends. Strangely, SS and TSL were staying in a different place from RD and us, maybe it was tourist season… Anyway this huge swarm of insects come and start attacking people so we just start running all over the place and as we pass through a wet market, I notice the insects going for the meat. We’re running really fast (I actually woke up tired this morning) but in the middle of the market, the dream became slo-mo and I turned my head only to have one insect look up at me and ‘communicate’ (I heard a voice but no lips moved, kinda like a sci fi movie) and it said, “Wait till we finish the food, then we’ll come for you”. Needless to say, we kept running.Then they somehow were killed by this thingamabob which emitted enough fire to kill the insect on your arm but not burn your skin! (I honestly don’t know where in the recesses of my mind this came from but maybe I’m on to my million dollar idea here!) It looked like a can of mosquito spray but had a funnel like top. Later that evening we ventured out to dinner, food’s important I guess. And here we are having dinner at this restaurant when S calls and asks for us to go watch a show at First Point. Why isn’t S at dinner with the rest of us, I don’t know, I’m asking only because it doesn’t make sense as I’m explaining this story but its my dream damn it, so there must be a reason! Anyway, don’t ask me also how I know this but in my dream I know First Point is the tallest building in the place and is a hotel cum restaurant which also has a cinema/theatre (not sure). I’m upset S insists on watching a show in a building where those creatures might still be lurking… And all of a sudden these waiter from First Point show up at the restaurant with plates of food and I’m all confused but apparently its an ok thing there as no one else gets upset. I feel like I don’t have a choice but to go to the building for the show but as I’m deliberating this, my mum wakes me up.
Tell me, does this sound like a dream of a person who’s mentally got it together? Sigh…

Dreaming, by Jim Crompton


No comments:
Post a Comment