Monday, October 30, 2006

Not too far off the mark

Right now, I have a nonsensical life. Or doth saith my blog labels. Or maybe I just need to learn to label better.


Ok, she is sewing and not labelling. But she could be sewing on labels.






I finally met the famous Martin Jalleh over the weekend and he sure lives up to his reputation. Something he said really hit a chord with me, about achieving something big or great in life. I’ve been in mourning for ‘lost’ dreams recently and he really put things into perspective. He spoke about how most of us think we’re unworthy or not ready to do such-and-such a thing till we can make ourselves better. I do it all the time. But the thing is, its our very brokenness that will help us in achieving whatever it is we’re meant to. Especially in the Christian context, God uses our brokenness, failings and even sinful nature to do great things. Maybe its even a way for us to be whole again.

The world defines greatness and achievement by your successes and 'wholeness', but its quite the opposite in the spiritual world. We look at saints and figure, yeah right, they were born perfect but really that's not what sets them apart, rather it is the trial and brokeness that mould people into who and what they are. Even then, it is never the trial that makes you stronger or better, it is what you choose to do with it. Ok so I'm being preachy, but its just that I at least never looked at it that way. It always seemed impossible to be so good and wonderful but that's just it, you're not meant to be. You're just meant to take whatever you have and make the most of it - with His help.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CSI just isnt the same with Warrick being married. She's hot but my heart is broken. Ah, well there's always Will and Shah Rukh Khan who seems to be getting yummier and yummier! (Please God don't let his face be plastic - I can't imagine kissing it. And yes I'm ignoring the fact that they are married too in reel-real life)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Interesting website on How to Destroy the Earth. Or rather, how not to. Its not some Go Green! wesbite but a really funny series of articles. Which reminds me of something I wrote a long time ago about destroying the earth. I think it was National Geographic which nailed it with an ad on conversation which essentially said 'We only have One Earth'. Key word being 'we'. 'Saving the Planet' is really a human need, driven from self-preservation. Earth itself has endured billions of years, evolution, and change. If we, through our actions and industry continue to alter the state of things, we, as a species, may not survive. But rest assured, Mother Earth will find new ways to provide sustenance for new creatures that will evolve. Such as the killer cockroach - I swear they're getting smarter and more invincible by the day!

Ok, I'm all out, no more speeches or rally cries. Actually I cannot promise that.

3 comments:

Ninja said...

I concur! I don't know what thse fuckers were thinking getting him married and all.
That however has not stopped me from having very very very dirty thoughts about him. In fact Dinesh and i are hatching a plot to kidnap him. It involves a bit of smuggling, booze and The Royal London Circus. Interested?

lived-legna said...

I'm so in babe. But I worry for Dinesh. I don't think Warrick swings that way.

p.s. Can I handle the circus part with him? Sound interesting...

Ninja said...

Well we do need an opening act.
Hahahahahahahahahaha!