Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Random thoughts...


I miss standing, running, screaming in the rain. I can't remember the last time I did so. Perhaps in university. Which would explain my grades.
Mum: What's happened to your GPA?
Me: Well mum it's been raining a lot recently...
I guess its the sense of freedom and fun running around in the rain brings. The pure wild abandonment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I believe in unicorns. If we have the narwhal, why can't I have my unicorn? After all, unicorn's are even referred to in the Bible. Anyway, ever wonder what a unicorn would do? WWUD, courtesy of boingboing.net. I believe in Pegasus and Griffin's too... Because I want to. And you can't stop me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Long ago, when making up terrible nicknames and teasing a fellow midget was a sign of interest, Shakey Lolo aka the Lolipop gave me a horrendous nickname, the mother of all nicknames which would haunt me for the rest of my life. He called me Jackalope.

At that point, America's Funniest Home Videos was on air and they had the most annoying horned, talking rabbit called Jackalope which played mean tricks on people and would squeak, "
Fast as fast can be, you'll never catch me!" I hated it. And hated the nickname even more.

But due to my extensive study of the internet I have discovered the creature is real and not a figment of the imagination. Not the talking rabbit, but the horned one. Apparently a virus causes rabbits to grow horn-like tumours in various places in the rabbit's head and body. Its sad. And I'm scarred.

Lolo is now a proud daddy to a beautiful baby girl I still cannot believe is his. Because he is still the same boy who 15 years ago, sat next to me in class and brought a hammer and nails
in his school-bag which I tipped over. Probably because he was teasing me. The embarrassment didn't cure him of his name-calling needs though, he does it till this day, but for decency's sake he's shortened it to Jack.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I also discovered I don't surf the internet, I'm just doing an extensive study of its contents.

2 comments:

Ninja said...

JACKALOPE??!!!!

Hahahahahaha

I can't believe you willingly revealed this

Hee hee

In the spirit of the season, i will wait till after Lent to make fun of you

Taa

lived-legna said...

omg... even as I was typing it out, I knew it was against my better judgement... but see I thought we were past the nickname thing Booby... I was so wrong...