It was hot and humid...

... but it was worth it! Baby won grandstand tickets again, this time facing the pit lane and close to the starting line. He was disappointed with Ferrari but since Monty baby left I've become an Alonso fan and having a 1-2 finish was excellent! R&D won tickets too, so we carpooled and stuffed our faces together and that was fun.
Watching the pit lane crew in action was really something else. These guys are fast. Dressed in layers of clothes, running up and down in the unbearable heat was impressive enough, but when the cars came in, wow. On TV you're usually focused on the clock, so you can tell how long or short a stop is, but watching them live, all the cars seem to move off in a matter of seconds! Another highlight was when of the cars came in smoking, with the crew rushing to put out the flames. And the sound! Last year, the sounds were deafening but sitting at the starting grid and listening to all the cars rev and take off all at the very same time is altogether another experience, especially since I took off one of my earplugs to erm... 'hear better' and in my panic couldn't get damn thing in again.
I feel a tinge of guilt though, I usually spend Easter weekend with the family at Vaskodigamma's. Guess I will be making up for it next weekend.


No comments:
Post a Comment