Wednesday, May 23, 2007

At least I'm respectable

After work last Saturday, the 3 hantu's went to Putrajaya and had fun with the little lion. I never felt as close to my ghostly sisters as I did that night. We took a cruise around the lake which basically highlights all the buildings and architecture of the city (can it even be called that?). We went at a good time, 7pm was the last boat and as the cruise progressed you could see the brightness getting dimmer and lovely hues of sky change as the sun began to set. Jembalang's Lion is more interested in the water, rather than the jungle, so he had fun, although I think the playground excited him even more.

In other news, Juan Alvarro has stopped the rebellion which was causing mayhem in my life and in my pockets, but not before one final mutiny. On the same night as our cruise he once again became flat-footed and while that's an acceptable condition among hobbits, its not for fishy little cars! And this wasn't a simple flat either, he had a tear in the same tyre that had become flat the week before! Once again a knight on a yellow steed came to my rescue and he even helped my bleedin' heart a little by complimenting me on my new sport rims, telling me I got a good deal for them.

You see, at my last flat, the idiot/crafty workshop man told me all my rims were dented and that I should have them changed. For the cost of fixing the dents he would sell me a new pair or rims and offset the rest. So I did. And against my better judgment, he told me I didn't need new tyres, not for a few months at least. So you can imagine how I made a beeline straight for him, the very next day, ready to choke him - but he did give me a good price for the tyres. At this point I'm not bothered about the possibility of being fleeced for those unnecessary rims, am just glad that Juan is back in the pink of health, a phenomenon which directly correlates with the ill health of my bank balance.

But not to worry, I have a plan to become rich. You see I was recently contacted by one Daniel William, son of the late Mr. Samuel William in an effort to transfer some monies. I can't talk much about the details of the transaction (its very high-level) but honestly, I'm just a kind soul looking to help these troubled people (the Government really makes it so hard for one to keep their money) and they will graciously accord me a 15% of the entire sum. Now I know what you're thinking. I know, I know... I get those same fraudulent emails all the time too, but this time I know for sure its valid and real, just like all that Vitamin C in my favourite berry cordial.

You see, this email addresses me as the Respectable One, and if I'm not respectable than I do not know who is!


p.s. He hasn't mentioned Esther just yet (see email address) but I reckon its his wife or some woman he's put up on a pedestal. Now do you think a man who has the love of his life's name on his yahoo email is capable of swindling someone?

p.s.s. I love his opening paragraph. Forget the Nigerians, I swear these emails are written by little old Englishmen who purposely make tiny grammatical errors in an effort to disguise their true identity. I bet he uses the same opening for con marriage proposals to little old ladies.

4 comments:

Ninja said...

Respectable?! You?!!

*Snort*

lived-legna said...

:-p

Pixelated Mo said...

hehehe.. good one

glad Juan is ok now.. check the same wheel that had the torn tyre every week if you can... look for abnormal wear and tear or bulges... do this for a month just to be on the safe side.

lived-legna said...

Thanks Mo... I'm a bit paranoid now about my tyres and the pressure :-p And I bet something else will go wrong soon enough...