Friday, March 21, 2008

My life at the moment


Thought this summed up my state of mind pretty well. Yes, I'm getting married! You know, I can't believe I haven't blogged about KV, CJP II and SL's weddings but those were right smack in between my funk and desperately busy period when I started my new job. I just got confirmed 3 weeks shy of the full 6 months and as I write this my colleagues have been away for an entire week for a company incentive holiday!

It's not just me, even the BF (now the Fiance) is starting to feel the pressure with the transitions in his office right now and having to manage the wedding as well. I'm fine with the little cracks, as long as we both don't come crashing down at the same time later. Only one breakdown at a time, is all I can manage really :-p

Booby complains that I'm getting into a whole bride zone courtesy of my classical ringtones and yet Mel complains the ring tones aren't real wedding marches - just classical music isn't right at all... Hahahaha... Guess its really reflective of what I'm feeling anyway - like on one hand I'm getting Married! and on the other I can't imagine leaving home and all the perks that come with living with 2 retired parents. Er, did I say perks? Sigh, to think not too long ago I desperately wanted to live out on my own. And the whole idea of marriage is altogether another issue. So coupled with this and my work which I honestly still need time to get the swing into, I've been neglecting my blog a lot.

Although I'm mostly an absent blogger right now, I'm still a full-fledged one at heart! For instance, Booby is going to be the commentator in church, in memory of her wake-up calls for mass, pinching me and giggling as I nodded away to Father's sermons and for our Chicken Rice gossip session immediately after
during our years in Penang. And as much as our friendship was made and sealed in those spirited heady years of Baileys and cheap wine in USM, I think blogging has been instrumental in keeping each other updated about what's been happening. And of course there's Mo, who will be taking the wedding photographs - the first ever blogger I met without ever knowing the person beforehand! And of all things, his wife and I work together now! Plus I even created a blog for the wedding! So all in all, I'm staying true to my blogger roots ok?!




9 comments:

vickna said...

fuhyoh!!!
somebody getting married!!!
is it going to be webcasted?
that would make it realllly cool!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Anucia said...

OMG you wrote!!
i havent read it yet..came straight to the comments to express my disbelief..heheh
:)

now, excuse me while i go read...

Anucia said...

congratulations dear!

I'm really happy for you-here's wishing the both of you much happiness...

i'm lovin the graphic btw
i think her front right hand says it right-you'll do just great managing...:)

lived-legna said...

Vickna: Although that would seal the deal of my dubious blogger status, my IT BF already asked and the answer is no! I do not need a webcam shoved in my face as I take my vows. How about a compromise and you come to the wedding instead? :-) Might give you ideas on how to celebrate you next anniversary... hehehehe

Anu: I shocked myself too! Thanks babe :-)

Ninja said...

Yay you blogged!!! Now don't go disappear for another year ok!

And shouldn't i be getting some sorta cut since technically you 'met' Mo through my blog?!!! Think i'll contact him bout this!

Ninja said...

Oh and i just saw your 'Keep the Date' card in my inbox...very the cantik!!!

lived-legna said...

Booby! You want to make money out of my wedding? Instead of Mo, how about we start this crazy wedding t-shirt business instead - 'I survived my wedding', 'Classical ring tones annoy me' etc.

Pixelated Mo said...

oi... :)

hope all is well with you LIVED.... hang in there yah... it will be over before you know it...

lived-legna said...

Thanks Mo... I'm taking deep breaths!