Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Tis the season...


I feel compelled to blog today but I don't want to expose too much of my inner self, personality, workings of my brain etc. so you'll have to settle for cut n' paste... Hehehehe...

But really all the recent talk about 'responsible' blogging has got me thinking - is anonymity such a bad thing? I'm not completely anonymous, but I do refrain from using names and identifiable pix 'cos just thats what I prefer... In this day and age of IP tracking etc its not hard to find out who's who in the blogging scene. I know some people prefer doing it differently and good for them, but as long as I'm not slandering anyone or causing them grief in their livelihoods or personal realm then whether I use my name etc shouldn't really matter, right?

Or does it actually hold any psychological bearing? That maybe I'm actually afraid of my real-life persona and I'm passing off for someone way cooler than I really am. Although, I really am very cool so it must be something else. Maybe its a privacy-craving thingy, seeing that I've never ever had my own room and have always had to share. Hehehe... I like this psycho-analysing thingy, as you can see, I'm just one step away from blaming my mum for why this blog contains no names...

Booby, some help here please! No people, don't get too excited, my breasts don't talk to me but I suspect my resident pharmacist-psychiatrist-philosopher-blogger-babe will have an opinion about this. And since I unlocked the comments tool... :-p

People talk of being original in your blogs, but hey if I like something and I feel the urge to share it in 'my space' :-p then I should very well do it w/o anyone judging me to be unoriginal. Sniff... I do feel offended... I am original, different and special (ok I can already picture you saying yes you are 'special' :-p) - just like everyone else... hehehehe...

Anyway, I know its early but these are good. So in true ciplak fashion, here are some V-day (Valentine, not venereal) quote's (courtesy of my SUIII who is just 4 months away from her D-Day!


"I seem to have loved you in numberless forms, numberless times,
in life after life, in age after age forever."
Rabindranath Tagore
* * * * * * * * *

Love is friendship set on fire.
Jeremy Taylor
***********

Love - a terribly misunderstood emotion, although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker.
Unknown
***********

"When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew."
William Shakespeare
***********

"Such is my love, to thee I so belong,
That for thy right myself will bear all wrong".
William Shakespeare
***********

"You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how".
Gone With the Wind
***********

"Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts."
Charles Dickens
***********

"If you have it [love], you don't need to have anything else.
If you don't have it, it doesn't matter much what else you have."
Sir James M. Barrie
***********

"All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love".
Leo Tolstoy
***********

"Love: The irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired."
Robert Frost
***********

"Love is a canvas furnished by Nature
and embroidered by imagination."
Voltaire
***********

"At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet."
Plato
***********

"Some of us think holding on makes us strong; but sometimes it is letting go".
Herman Hesse
***********

"Not loving is but a long dying".
Wu Ti
***********

"Love from one side hurts, but love from two sides heals."
William Shakespeare
**********

"A friend is one who knows who you are, understands where you have
been, accepts what you have become, and still gently
allows you to grow."
William Shakespeare
***********

"I love you not only for what you are,
but for what I am when I am with you".
Elizabeth Barrett Browning
***********

"When love is not madness, it is not love".
Pedro Calderon de la Barca
***********

"Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be".
Robert Browning
***********

2 comments:

Ninja said...

You know i really agree with you about the whole anonymity thing...i find myself wishing quite often that i had bloged anonymously cos, being me, there are a lot of bastards whose caharcter's i want to assasinate online but can't cos unfortunately i am in regular contact with them.

I'm sure you'll agree that one of the main reasons for starting a blog was to have a place to vent & share...cos sometimes we actually want people to know of our suffering & pain...as if that somehow eases it.

Often i am tempted to talk about 'personal matters' (you know) but can't because my identity has been revealed and it might get back.

On the flip side, blogging has been fantastic cos i've made so many friends online and i think that's harder to accomplish when u blog anonymously cos u will be a little too careful about revealing too much.

And like u, i love posting my favourite quotes or lines that i heard from a movie cos it's sorta like our own journal right? Something you wanna come back to and admire. And remember :p

The "doctor" has left the building

lived-legna said...

Thank you doc!