Monday, March 26, 2007

Children...


Today I love Mondays because of this man. Or rather because I read this...

Can't wait for 'The Children of Hurin' to be released!

And over the weekend at a potluck (for which I cooked and nobody died -yay!) I noticed my friend's pendant and immediately recognised it - The Light of the Evenstar. She was delighted I knew what it was, most people often mistook it for a cross (wtf) and in her case it is an issue since she's Muslim!

Her sis got it for her, on a holiday to NZ and I'm positively green now. I know I'll eventually get there but its so unfair I have to wait! And what's more she called it the LOTR pendant and I told her the actual name. Of course everyone thinks I'm a nut or at best a closet nerd but its still so unfair... I should be wearing it!!! I'm THE Elven Prophetess, after all!!!

Oh well.

In other news, that same night I found out I have a fan. A life-long one. My ex-colleague's daughter who I've known since she was 3, has always been close to me. Miss T's a real pretty, sweet thing, and very clever too. I remember when she was about 4 or 5, I turned her against her Arsenal-loving dad. Don't think S ever forgave me nor recovered from the shock of his little angel converting to a Red Devil. He tried to rationalise,
bribe, beg and plead for her to reconsider but the magic I worked was far too strong. Hehehehe...

Now almost 2 years later, my padawan seemed to have broken free from the spell. She announced to me in a matter-of-fact way that she has chosen instead, to support Chelsea. I was heartbroken, not so much for the sake of the team but for the knowledge that I am losing a disciple. Apparently I didn't get the memo that said it wasn't cool for 7-year-olds to hero-worship me. And the reason for her change of heart wasn't a boy - that was a reason I could have accepted. Nooooo, the reason was that a neighbour had recently acquired a dog named Chelsea. I was trumped by a bitch!

Her mum must have sensed my despondence and showed me a story she had written recently for a book project at school. It was a story of 5 sisters and their pet dogs. Beautifully illustrated too. I choked up, when I saw that one of the sisters was christened after me - the cleverest, most amazingest sister too! Eat that Chelsea! I have a character in a book, all you get are dog treats!!!

Yes, the Force is strong with this one. Cue heavy breathing.

p.s. I suppose I should be a responsible blogger and disclose that the title of the book was the 'Goofy Sisters'. I am not making this up. I'd like to think its a cute play on Goofy the Disney dog, so I haven't started worrying that my name appears in this book.

p.s.s. I missed my blog's 1st birthday last month but I'm now officially one post shy of my hundreth. Long liveth the blog! I'm going to go out on a limb here and ask all the aliens who read my ramblings to propose what you think I should blog about next.

5 comments:

Keropok said...

Ah, another Tolkien fan eh...

Ninja said...

Oohhh....Happy Blog-Burpday darling!
Your blog & writing keeps getting better and better la babe.
Post more often pleeeaaassse

lived-legna said...

Keropok - Yes, I am. Just wish someone could point me in the direction of other writers of Tolkien's genre. Not the usual D&D know what I mean?

Booby - Thanks babe, for the wish and the compliment. *Blush*

Ninja said...

How bout a post about the mating habit of squids

heh heh

lived-legna said...

For you Booby, anything!